Report An Incident

Fallen tree at Agronomy Hall at Iowa State University

Need to report an incident?

ISU Net-ID is required. If you don't have a Net-ID or have questions about incident reporting, contact Cally Jennett at or (515) 294-1963.

Child abuse or other crime

Child safety is of paramount importance. All youth program leaders, employees, and volunteers must report suspected physical and sexual child abuse to ISU Police even if the abuse may not have occurred on campus. For off-campus university programs, report to local law enforcement. The procedures and requirements for reporting also apply to online or virtual youth programs.

All program leaders, employees and volunteers are also strongly encouraged to report suspected abuse to the Department of Human Services (DHS). Employees identified as statutory mandatory reporters of child abuse under Iowa Code Chapter 232 are required to report all forms of child abuse to DHS.

Safety violations

Anyone aware of safety violations that may endanger children should report to:

ISU Police

Risk Management

Environmental Health and Safety (EHS)

University drivers must report all accidents that occur during university business, no matter what happened or who is responsible.

University property

  • Report loss or damage within 24 hours.
  • Make emergency repairs to prevent further damage.
  • Document damage with photos or short videos.
  • Record all expenses.
  • Keep any defective components that may have led to the loss or damage until we tell you to dispose of them.

Personal property

Property loss or damage claims are processed as claims against the state of Iowa under the Iowa Tort Claims Act. Contact us for additional information and to request a copy of the State Appeal Board Claim Form and Affidavit.