- Report an Incident or Claim
- Events and Activities
- Food Sales or Service
- International Travel Resources
- Internship and/or Job Shadow Request (Youth)
- ISU Volunteers
- Policies and Procedures
- Student Organizations
- Youth Programs
- Procedures - Youth Activities, Pre-Collegiate Programs & Camps
- Youth Program Registration
- Background Checks - Programs Involving Youth at ISU
- Safety and Training Resources
- ISU Youth Program Leader Awareness Training
- Reporting of Safety Violations
- Reporting of Child Abuse and Criminal Activity
For Parents and Youth
Iowa State University has a long tradition of providing quality activities and programs for youth and children. To find out more about our programs, and their operation, please see Programs for Youth to find out what we offer.
For Youth Program Administrators
In order to keep our promise of offering excellent youth activities and programs at ISU, this website contains information and resources to help Program Leaders plan and conduct activities, programs and camps for youth in a safe and effective manner.
- What policies apply to youth activities and programs?
- Youth Program Procedures
- Youth Program Registration
- Background checks
- Safety and training resources
- Reporting child abuse and criminal activity
- Reporting safety violations
Youth Program Leader Awareness Training
The Offices of Risk Management, Extension and Outreach, and Conference Planning and Management will collectively offer training to provide youth program leaders, administrators and student organization officers with information regarding youth related policies, procedures and forms for successfully conducting youth programs at ISU.
It is important for youth program leaders, camp directors, student organization officers, and others responsible for planning and supervising youth programs to understand applicable ISU resources and policies [i.e. Youth Activities, Pre-Collegiate Programs and Camps (YAP); Children in the Workplace; and Volunteers].
These training sessions will be helpful for anyone responsible for planning and supervising youth programs and for those who provide administrative support for youth programs.
Training sessions will be conducted on the following dates and times during the Spring semester 2017:
- Wednesday, January 18, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (Noon) at the Adminsitrative Services Building (ASB), Conference Room 1155.
- Tuesday, February 7, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (Noon) at the 4-H Extension Building, Conference Room 1020.
- Wednesday, March 8, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (Noon) at the Administrative Services Building (ASB), Conference Room 1155.
- Thursday, April 6, 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. at the 4-H Extension Building, Conference Room 1020.
- Wednesday, May 10, 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. at the Administrative Services Building (ASB), Conference Room 1155.
Pre-registration is required to ensure sufficient seating and handouts for attendees. To register, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two days prior to the training session you wish to attend.