Insurance and Liability

Non-ISU groups must provide proof of liability insurance. Each vendor providing services to student organizations or the university (these services are traditionally food or entertainment) must provide a certificate of insurance.

Assumption of Risk, Waiver and Release of Liability forms may be required to provide participants with a better understanding of the responsibilities or risks associated with participating in an event or activity.

Most student organization activities do not require the purchase of insurance. Iowa State University provides liability coverage for most authorized events. However, higher risk activities or large scale events may require the organization to purchase additional insurance.