Caterer-Vendor Agreements

ISU requires that all vendors providing catering services or delivering food to an ISU facility meet the minimum requirements outlined in the "ISU Caterer-Vendor Agreement."

Once your business or restaurant has provided ISU with the required documents and registered online as a vendor with the ISU Purchasing Department, you will be added to our list of “Approved Caterers and Vendors,” for departments to select from when holding events at ISU facilities.  Vendors not on the list will not be allowed to cater events at ISU facilities until they provide the required documents.  Vendors need to:

1.    Complete the online vendor registration with ISU Procurement
2.    Complete and send the following to the Office of Risk Management (
     a.    Signed copy of the Caterer Agreement 
     b.    Copy of your current State of Iowa Food Service License 
     c.    Copy of insurance certificate meeting the minimum requirements outlined in the Caterer Agreement 

No exceptions or changes to the Agreement or requirements will be granted.  If a vendor holds an event at an ISU facility without having provided the required documents, payment for the event may be held until the required documents are provided.  

It is not ISU’s intent to exclude any vendor from providing services to ISU, but rather to ensure the safety of our students/staff and all other parties involved.  
Please submit the required documents to:

Office of Risk Management
1700 Administrative Services Building
2221 Wanda Daley Drive
Iowa State University
Ames, Iowa 50011-1004

Phone: (515) 294-7711

Acceptance of your status as an approved caterer can be determined by clicking here or by contacting the Office of Risk Management.  You may direct inquiries to (515) 294-7711 or