Any accident occurring during the course of university business must be reported by the university driver, regardless of injury, property damage, location, or responsible party.
Incidents involving ISU Vehicles:
- A packet located within each ISU vehicle contains complete instructions, insurance information, and forms to be used in the case of an accident. Either complete these forms or complete the online ISU Incident Form.
- An ISU Net-Id is required to use the online ISU Incident Form.
Incidents involving Rental or Private Vehicles:
- Complete the online ISU Incident Form.
- An ISU Net-Id is required to use the online ISU Incident Form. If you do not have an ISU Net-ID please contact us at 515-294-7711 or email to email@example.com.
- Direct any inquires to the Office of Risk Management.
Questions about Fault or Liability:
Questions regarding liability should be directed to the Office of Risk Management. If appropriate, any reimbursements by the University will be coordinated through the Office of Risk Management.
Iowa State University participates in the Iowa Regents Motor Vehicle Self-Insurance Program for liability coverage on motor vehicles. The Iowa Regents Motor Vehicle Self-Insurance Program includes coverage for comprehensive and collision damage to University vehicles.
For additional information regarding insurance coverage, see Vehicle Insurance Coverage.